The Office of the Cabinet is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Assistant Coordinator (GMG/SEG 1) (Not Vacant), in the Cabinet Recording Secretariat of the Cabinet Support and Policy Division. Salary range $1,577,167 – $1,874,755 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Reporting to the Director, Cabinet Recording Secretariat, the Assistant Coordinator is required to coordinate the provision of confidential and secure administrative, logistic and records management services by the Secretariat to the Cabinet and the Committees thereof.
Key Responsibilities Areas:
• Provides administrative and technical support to the Director for meetings of the Cabinet and Cabinet Committees chaired by the Prime Minister; and other high-level meetings for which Cabinet Recording Secretariat services are required by the Prime Minister;
• Serves the aforementioned meetings by, inter alia, coordinating the circulation of agenda related documents, attending meetings, and recording deliberations, writing, editing, proofreading and circulating Minutes and Decisions;
• Provides lead services to Cabinet Committees/Meetings other than stated above;
• Assists with summarizing Cabinet Submissions, Notes and other documents submitted for consideration by the Cabinet and its Committees;
• Assists with developing training and informational materials for staff and external persons on Cabinet protocol and procedures and Cabinet Recording Secretariat procedures;
• Provides information and data to support the development and updating of the budget and the corporate and operational plans of the Cabinet Support and Policy Division;
• Good command of the English Language, inter-personal and communication skills
• Excellent writing/minutes writing, note-taking, time management, planning and analysis skills
• Ability to summarize high-level policy discussions
• Attention to detail
• Good supervisory skills
• Confidentiality, discretion, and sound judgement
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
• Ability to work as part of a team
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
➢Bachelors’ Degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, or similar discipline (English Degree will be an asset)
➢ Knowledge of meeting practice and procedures
➢ Experience in the use of computer applications and systems, including Microsoft Office Suite
➢ Knowledge of databases
➢ Five years experience in the Public Service, of which two years should be in a supervisory capacity in the Public Service.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job:
• May at times be required to work long hours and on weekends/public holidays
• Long hours sitting in meetings and at a computer station
Applications accompanied by résumé should be submitted no later than Tuesday, November 2, 2021, to:
Senior Director Human Resource Development and Management Division
Office of the Prime Minister
1 Devon Road Kingston 10.
Email: [email protected]
We thank you all for responding; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.