The Office of the Cabinet is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Corporate Planner (GMG/SEG 3) (Vacant) in the Corporate Affairs, salary range $2,453,125- $2,915,995 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Under the general direction of the Senior Director, Corporate Affairs, the Corporate Planner is responsible for establishing and maintaining a system for integrating the corporate, operational planning and performance monitoring processes across the Office of the Cabinet and ensures that the Office of the Cabinet’s corporate and operational plans and budgets are delivered to the required quality and time standards.
Key Responsibilities The Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Design corporate, operational planning and performance monitoring processes and procedures in consultation with Cabinet Secretary, Performance Management and Evaluation Branch, (PMEB), Ministry of Finance and the Public Service (MoFPS), and the Planning Institute of Jamaica (PIOJ).
▪ Coordinates the corporate planning process for the Office of the Cabinet; provides strategic direction to the planning process to ensure that divisional and unit plans are written in conformance with set criteria and in alignment with organizational mission, vision, goals and objectives;
▪ Issues corporate planning and budgeting guidelines to Heads of Division/Unit within the Office of the Cabinet.
▪ Guides the implementation of corporate and operational planning and performance monitoring processes across the Office of the Cabinet.
▪ Prepares the corporate and operational plans for the Office of the Cabinet; ensuring integration of the planning and budget processes and also that the plans are consistent with and contribute to wider Government priorities.
▪ Monitors the planning process to ensure direct linkages between corporate plan, budget and cash flow; provides appropriate papers and background information for the Minister; attends finance committee meetings and budget debates at the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service and also in Parliament;
▪ Prepares the estimates of expenditure for the Office of the Cabinet based on inputs from the various Divisions.
▪ Establishes information and communication systems in the Office of the Cabinet for monitoring and tracking performance.
▪ Liaises with Principal Directors in the Office of the Cabinet on planning and budgeting issues and ensures that their corporate and operational, plans are prepared to time and quality requirements.
▪ Obtains policy, technical and other relevant inputs toward the development and review of corporate and operational plans.
▪ Identifies problems and potential barriers to effective implementation of planned programmes and projects.
▪ Convenes and chairs regular (e.g. quarterly) corporate and operational planning meetings attended by Principal Directors to support and monitor their corporate and operational plans.
▪ Liaises with the PMEU and MoFP to ensure compliance with GOJ corporate and operational planning and budgeting policy.
▪ Develops strategies to facilitate team building, participation and involvement of all staff in the collaboration of efforts towards achieving corporate objectives.
▪ Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
▪ Management experience and team building skills.
▪ Skills in drafting reports and plans.
▪ Process design and implementation skills.
▪ Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
▪ Good facilitation and presentation skills.
▪ Excellent planning, organizing, analytical and negotiating skills.
▪ Excellent judgment, decision making and problem solving skills.
▪ Highly skilled in the design and delivery of training programmes
▪ Knowledge of government policy and corporate planning processes.
- Thorough knowledge, experience and familiarity with corporate/strategic planning
▪ Proficient in use of computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
Minimum Required Education & Experience
Master’s Degree in Public Administration or Public Sector Management or Business Administration or related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution
▪ Specialized training in corporate planning and project management.
▪ At least three (3) years’ experience in corporate planning.
▪ At least three (3) years’ experience at a middle management level.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Monday, November 30, 2020 to:
Senior Director Human Resource Development & Management Division
Office of the Prime Minister
1 Devon Road Kingston 10. Email: [email protected]
Further details of the post may be obtained from the HRDM Division,
Office of the Prime Minister.
We thank you all for applying however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.