The Office of the Cabinet is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Director, Information Communication and Technology (GMG/SEG 3) (Vacant) in the Corporate Affairs, salary range $2,453,125 – $2,915,995 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Under the general direction of Senior Director, Corporate Affairs, the role of the Director, Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) Unit is to:
• Provide vision and leadership for developing, implementing and monitoring information technology initiatives to improve operations of the organization.
• Direct the planning and implementation of the organization’s ICT strategic plans.
• Evaluate the quality control processes to ensure that systems and procedures adhere to established policies and standards and are aligned to the GOJ policies for relevant applications.
• Install and maintain computer hardware, software and networks.
• Provide training and consultation.
• Provide technical advice and guidance to the Cabinet Secretary, the Senior Director, Corporate Affairs, Directors and Managers in the Office of the Cabinet.
• Research, assess and advise on the acquisition and implementation of ICT hardware and software that support the business processes of the Office of the Cabinet.
The Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Leads IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
▪ Performs on-going business case analysis of the Office of the Cabinet strategic objectives.
▪ Actively provides consultation to senior management on the application of standardized information and communication technologies for the organization’s strategic objectives. ▪ Provides consultation to support the business processes of the Office of the Cabinet modernization projects.
▪ Establishes IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
▪ Establishes lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
▪ Develops standards, policies and procedures that are in accordance with or adaptable to International Standards Organization (ISO) and Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) specifications.
▪ Assesses and communicates risks associated with IT investments.
▪ Develops, tracks, and controls the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
▪ Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
▪ Plans, develops and ensures successful application of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity procedures and appropriate/standardized protocols for management of the application of ICT systems.
▪ Trouble shoots hardware, software and network operating systems
▪ Ensures inventory maintenance and software license management
▪ Ensures the development of integrated systems to optimize ICT resources.
▪ Acts as an advocate for the organization’s IT vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, divisional/unit heads and end users.
▪ Oversees service level agreements with end users and monitors IT systems performance to ensure continuous delivery of IT services.
▪ Establishes governance framework for the management of current and proposed information systems.
▪ Re-engineers applications support, where necessary, to ensure it aligns with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision of the organization.
▪ Defines and communicates project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, Heads of Divisions/Units, support staff, and end users.
▪ Develops and reviews IT Budget proposals for and from Divisions/Units in the Office of the Cabinet to ensure compliance with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
▪ Develops Bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and makes the appropriate award.
▪ Authorizes and oversees the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on divisional/unit needs.
▪ Provides leadership to staff through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
Integrity and confidentiality
▪ Excellent leadership and management skills.
▪ Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
▪ Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
▪ Excellent planning and organizing skills.
▪ Excellent networking and relationship-building skills, ability to function as a team player, and works harmoniously with a diverse group of people at various levels externally and internally.
▪ Experience in strategic planning and execution.
▪ Displays emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis.
▪ Strong negotiating skills.
▪ Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills.
▪ Ability to exercise sound judgement in making decisions.
▪ Ability to translate technical language to lay audiences.
▪ Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
▪ Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
▪ Demonstrates initiative and creativity.
▪ Strategic thinker.
▪ Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems, including ECM.
▪ Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
▪ Understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
▪ Excellent understanding of project management principles.
▪ Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
▪ Knowledge or Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
▪ Knowledge and experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
▪ In-depth knowledge of the organization’s goals and strategic objectives.
▪ Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
▪ In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
▪ Knowledge of e-governance, e-commerce, e-procurement, e-services.
▪ Displays emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis; ability to handle multiple projects with different priorities and meet deadlines.
▪ Sets and maintains high performance standards; pays close attention to detail, accuracy and completeness; maintains a high level of productivity and self-direction.
▪ Proficient in the use of computer applications Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Office 365).
Minimum Required Education and Experience
Masters’ Degree in the field of Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or Business Administration from an accredited tertiary institution, plus
➢ Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in the ICT Industry, which should be at a senior level in an ICT Unit of a medium to large organization.
➢ Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or Business Administration from an accredited tertiary institution, plus
➢ Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in the ICT Industry, three (3) of which should be at a senior level in an ICT Unit of a medium to large organization.
➢ A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in systems analysis and design.
➢ Experience in planning, documenting, executing and evaluating software testing.
➢ Experience in the management of ICT projects would be an asset.
➢ Experience in Software Engineering for web and mobile technologies.
➢ Experience in Business Process Re-engineering for ICT projects.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Monday, November 30, 2020 to:
Senior Director Human Resource Development & Management Division
Office of the Prime Minister
1 Devon Road Kingston 10.
Email: [email protected]
Further details of the post may be obtained from the HRDM Division, Office of the Prime Minister.
We thank you all for applying however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.