The Office of the Prime Minister is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Facilities Manager (GMG/SEG 2) (Vacant) in the Administration and Special Services Division. Salary range $2,023,418 – $2,405,208 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Under the general direction of the Director, Administration and Special Services, the Facilities Manager is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the physical facilities and grounds of the Office of the Prime Minister and associated properties.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Provides technical advice/guidance to the Permanent Secretary, Directors, Managers and staff on matters relating to facilities and property management;
• Develops/reviews and implements operational systems and procedures to guide the delivery of services by the Administration and Special Services Division and the Property Management Unit to manage emergency situations;
• Assists with the preparation of tender documents and the selection of contractors for property management and related projects;
• Oversees all cases relating to insurance claims and follows through to settlement; prepares insurance and other claims in relation to damage building and/or equipment and followup with the appropriate organization for settlement;
• Oversees the inspection of all properties and maintenance of common areas as is necessary;
• Monitors, inspects and supervises daily activities related to the maintenance and upkeep of equipment and property under the care of the Facilities Management & Conservation Unit;
• Prepares scope of works and bill of quantities in relation to improvement, construction and maintenance projects/operations;
• Coordinates the execution of construction and refurbishing projects in keeping with Building Code and Master Builders of Jamaica standards/guidelines ensuring adherence and quality assurance;
• Implements and monitors energy conservation initiatives throughout the Ministry and other premises within the span of control;
• Oversees refurbishing exercises for the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) and the Office of the Cabinet (OoC);
• Oversees maintenance of the landscape, grounds and environment of the OPM/OoC and Office of the Leader of the Opposition;
• Monitors the maintenance of water storage facilities;
• Provides logistic support in respect of hosting of functions for the Ministry and for the Prime Minister; coordinates the preparation of grounds for special functions;
• Provides support for disaster preparedness and response;
• Liaises with and monitors the work of service contractors in keeping with the terms and conditions of contracts;
*Develops and implements a maintenance/service schedule for office and other equipment (air conditioning unit, stand-by generators etc.) to minimize breakdowns and/or work interruptions;
• Oversees the maintenance of all electrical equipment, air conditioning systems, standby plant, plumbing system, fixtures and fittings and fire extinguishers;
• Responds to complaints/reports concerning maintenance and/or engineering problems and ensures that they are resolved;
• Prepares and implements a disaster management plan for the Ministry and other office locations;
• Manages the Ministry’s programme for the security of personnel, property, equipment and buildings, ensuring that appropriate systems are in place and relevant information is communicated to staff;
• Liaises/collaborates with MDAS for the sharing of information and other activities for the effective execution of duties.
• Strong leadership and management skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent planning and organizing skills;
• Excellent time management skills;
• Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills;
• Networking and relationship-building skills and ability to function as a team player;
• Ability to work harmoniously with a diverse group of people at various levels externally and internally;
• Excellent integrity/ethics exercised in the performance of duties;
• Demonstrates initiative and creativity;
• Ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Displays emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis;
• Sets and maintains high performance standards, pays close attention to detail, accuracy and completeness;
• Ensures customer satisfaction.
• Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to read and interpret building plans and bill of quantities;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize among conflicting demands;
• Knowledge of the operations of Government including procurement guidelines;
• Knowledge of the Ministry’s policies and procedures;
• Knowledge of budget preparation;
• Knowledge of Project Planning;
• Knowledge of landscape techniques;
• Sound knowledge of safety regulations and programmes;
• Sound knowledge of engineering works and surveying techniques;
• Sound knowledge of the National Building Code;
• Proficient in relevant software applications – AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Competence in designing, interpreting engineering drawings, briefs and diagrams;
• Ability to respond/handle emergency situations in a calm, rational and effective manner.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
Undergraduate Degree in Estate Management or Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering or a related field from a recognized tertiary institution; • At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position with at least two (2) years at the middle management level; • Holder of a Valid General Driver’s License; • Training in GOJ Procurement Guidelines and Contracts would be an asset.
• Prepare work schedule for staff supervised;
• Develop a maintenance/servicing schedule for office and other equipment.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Friday, October 23, 2020 to:
Human Resource Development & Management
Office of the Prime Minister
1 Devon Road Kingston 10.
Email: [email protected]
Further details of the post may be obtained from the HRDM Division.
We thank you all for responding, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.