The Office of the Prime Minister is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Research Officer (SOG/ST 6) (Contract) in the National Commission on Violence Prevention (NCVP). Salary range of $1,592,427 – $1,892,895 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Reporting to the Senior Research Officer, the Research Officer is responsible for coordinating the multiple concurrent research activities and initiatives so assigned.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Maintains a Research Calendar for the Commission to monitor the activities of the research team;
• Organizes and maintains research databases;
• Performs fieldwork, interviews, and experiments to gather data;
• Collects, analyzes and presents quantitative and qualitative data to support the development of recommendations with respect to Violence Prevention;
• Compiles and organizes findings in graphs, charts, mock-ups, and diagrams;
• Maintains a mechanism to consistently capture relevant and up to date information on matters pertinent to Violence Prevention;
• Participates in the analysis of findings, preparation of reports, summary documents and material for publication and communication;
• Prepares research papers and reports as assigned;
• Presents results of analysis in a clear and concise manner, orally, in writing and graphically;
• Develops research proposals for possible areas of exploration and ensures that detailed research plans are created, and related data collected;
• Prepares high quality research and reports using infographics and other innovative and engaging means of presenting voluminous and complex data and research findings to ensure that the information can be communicated for the consumption of the public;
• Qualitative and quantitative research skills including data analysis;
• Excellent problem-solving skills;
• Strong analytical and judgment and decision-making skills;
• Strong planning and organizational skills; • Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills;
• Data Management skills;
• Ability to think strategically;
• Ability to manage and work in a multi-cultural environment;
• Ability to work with a team;
• Knowledge of data collection methods/techniques;
• Knowledgeable in various research and testing methodologies;
•Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel PowerPoint), statistical software (SPSS) and Internet research;
• Demonstrates understanding of research, monitoring and evaluation principles and practices.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
➢ BSc. Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration or Management Studies or other related Social Sciences from an accredited tertiary institution.
➢ At least four (4) years’ work experience in research or statistics (strong analytical skills required)
➢ Experience in fieldwork.
Applications accompanied by résumé should be submitted no later than Friday, May 7, 2021 to:
Senior Director Human Resource Development & Management
Office of the Prime Minister
1 Devon Road Kingston 10.
Email: [email protected]
Further details of the post may be obtained from the HRDM Division. We thank you all for responding, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted