The Office of the Prime Minister is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Secretary (OPS/SS 3) in the Regional Office, Montego Bay. Salary range $969,060 – $1,151,908 per annum.
The Senior Secretary provides administrative and secretarial services to support the Programme/ Project Manager for the effective and efficient operation of the Regional Office.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Composes letters/memoranda from general instructions;
• Responds to routine and other correspondence as directed;
• Takes dictation and reproduces notes in an accurate and presentable manner;
• Processes incoming and outgoing correspondence in accordance with established guidelines (receives, logs and distributes mail);
• Assembles and disseminates information to internal and external personnel as requested;
• Issues supplies to attendants and updates Inventory Log;
• Updates Stakeholders Register as required;
• Prepares agendas for meetings and organises relevant information and documents;
• Takes minutes at meetings, reproduces and distributes minutes in accordance with established guidelines;
• Schedules appointments, meetings and conferences and briefs the Programme/Project Manager on the matter before confirming meeting;
• Receives/hosts visitors to the Programme/Project Manager;
• Receives and makes telephone calls for the Programme/Project Manager;
• Interviews visitors and callers to determine nature of their enquiry;
• Maintains an effective filing system that allows security, and speedy retrieval of documents/information in accordance with established standards;
• Maintains adequate supply of stationery and other office supplies for the Regional Office;
• Assists in preparation and collection of standard reports;
• Identifies and resolves minor problems and situations that affect the efficient flow of work in the Regional Office.
• Integrity and Ethics
• Official Conduct
• Excellent time management, planning and organizing skills
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
• Typewriting/word processing speed of a minimum of 50 wpm
• Excellent shorthand/note-taking skills of a minimum of 100wpm
• Excellent knowledge of office practice and procedures
• Proficiency in the use of computers as well as computer applications especially Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel)
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
➢ CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level English Language; successful completion of the prescribed Course of study at the Management Institute for National Development (MIND), proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, plus four to five (4-5) years’ general office experience;
➢ Graduation from an accredited school of Secretarial Studies with proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, training in the use of a variety of software applications e.g., word processing, database and spreadsheets; English Language at CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level; completion of the appropriate Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development, plus four to five (4-5) years’ general office experience;
➢ Successful completion of the Certified Professional Secretary course; proficient in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute; English Language at CXC or /GCE ‘O’ level; training in the use of a variety of software applications and four to five (4-5) years’ general office experience, plus the appropriate Office Professional Training course at the Management Institute for National Development (MIND).
Applications accompanied by résumé should be submitted no later than Tuesday, November 9, 2021, to:
Senior Director Human Resource Development & Management (HRDM) Division
Office of the Prime Minister
1 Devon Road Kingston 10.
Email: [email protected]
Further details of the post may be obtained from the HRDM Division.
We thank all for responding. However, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.