Senior Consulting Officer
JAMAICA EDUCATION TRANSFORMATION COMMISSION
Under the general direction of the Manager, Jamaica Education Transformation Commission Secretariat, the Senior Consulting Officer is responsible for providing technical, secretariat and project management support to the Education Transformation Commission, its sub-committees and other national major projects. The Senior Consulting Officer will be expected to liaise with personnel at all levels of the public sector, the private sector, labour unions and civil society in the determination of strategies, prioritization and monitoring of initiatives in the target areas.
The Senior Consulting Officer will be expected to liaise with personnel at all levels of the public sector, the private sector, labour unions and civil society in the determination of strategies, prioritization and monitoring of initiatives in the target areas.
• Information Management Systems developed and maintained;
• Newsletters, Press Releases prepared;
• Reports prepared.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
▪ Develops and maintains information management systems related to the monitoring and evaluation system for initiatives/projects to ensure common measurement against national development objectives and targets.
▪ Obtains and collates project information to facilitate the assessment of strategic alliance of priority initiatives
▪ Provides the following services to the JETC and its sub-committees: Support in the definition, design and implementation of priority initiatives and projects.
- Tracking and reporting functions related to the monitoring and evaluation of the initiatives with overall national objectives as well as those of the JETC.
- Preparation of documentation and reports for monthly meetings and annual summits/workshops/retreats as required.
- Provide regular project updates
Prepares regular updates (Newsletters, Press Releases, etc) for distribution to relevant Stakeholders
▪ Assists with the planning, coordination and implementation of outreach activities
▪ Manages the implementation of assigned sub-projects.
▪ Collaborates with the Manager, Jamaica Education Transformation Commission Secretariat to determine necessary consultancy inputs, develop terms of references and contracts.
• Key deliverables/outputs are produced within agreed timeframes to required standards as agreed.
• Reports are produced in accordance with the established format and submitted within the timeframe required.
• Effective and timely advice and assistance provided to Manager.
• Confidentiality, integrity and professionalism are displayed in the execution of duties and personal conduct
• Highly developed communication (verbal and written) skills
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Customer focused and results oriented
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Excellent presentation and reporting skills
• Demonstrated initiative
• Confidentiality and integrity
• Database management skills
• Proficient in the use and application of Information Technology
• Social Media savvy
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Postgraduate degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Information Technology or a related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution
• Project Management training
• At least three (3) years related experience
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH JOB
• Typical office environment, no adverse working conditions;
• Travel to meetings/workshops at offices off-site;
• May be required to work beyond normal work hours