The Commission of Strata Corporation has two operational arms which are as follows:
Administrative Arm – this Section receives applications, prepares certificates, prepares Board papers and communicates with the client.
Investigative Arm – the division operates in the field gathering evidence and ensuring that the Registration (Strata Titles) Act is conformed with.
The following is a list of the services that are offered by the Commission of Strata Corporations:
- initial registration of Strata Corporations;
- issuing of certificates of registration;
- annual registration of Strata Corporations;
- issuing of annual certificates of registration;
- investigation of complaints;
- issuing of certificates authorizing Corporations to exercise power of sale;
- mediating where there are disputes between members of executive of Strata Corporations and proprietors or between proprietors;
- where there is a contravention of by-laws, the Commission may issue orders to ensure that this breach is corrected,
- where it is derived that interest charged or maintenance fees charge is excessive, the Commission may issue orders to overturn or vary these;
- issuing an order to ensure that an Annual General Meeting is held or actually arranging the AGM itself where the corporation is non-functional;
- any other service that the Commission needs to perform whilst monitoring, regulating and supervising Strata Corporations.