Coming out of the recently held Cabinet Retreat, it was directed that the tender for the first five sub-contracts to be carried out by local contractors be issued before the end of the 2018/2019 financial year.
The other ten packages will be completed over a two year period.
Of priority to the Government are:
- Hordley to Long Road – 4.1km at a cost of USD2.3 million
- Manchioneal to Fair Prospect – 8.8km at a cost of USD5.1 million
- Morant Bay to Serge Island – 14.7km at a cost of USD5.1 million
- Serge Island to Cedar Valley -11.7km at a cost of USD5.5 million
- Morant Bay to Prospect – 8.9 km at a cost USD4.8 million
The Government reiterates that it remains committed to ensuring that the people of St. Thomas and Portland have a good road network.