POST CABINET REPORT For Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Below are the decisions from Cabinet:
1. Recommendation for the Grant of licence for 2x10MHz of the 700MHz Spectrum (sub MSET)
Cabinet gave approval for the grant of a Domestic Mobile Spectrum Licence 2×10 megahertz (MHz) of the 700MHz spectrum to Rock Mobile Limited for 15 years at a spectrum licence fee of US fifteen million two hundred and sixty thousand dollars (US$15,260,000.00). In 2013, the Government of Jamaica gave approval for the allocation and licensing of the 700MHz spectrum band for the provision of mobile wireless service, consistent with global trends and its policy objectives. The objectives are to increase broadband access to unserved and/or underserved areas,) promote competition, innovation and diversity in the telecommunications sector and ensure the optimal return in the shortest possible time, for the spectrum assigned.
Cabinet received and approved the following annual reports and/or financial statements to be tabled in Parliament:
- Real Estate Board (REB) and Commission of Strata Corporations (CSC) for the financial year 2017/2018
- Petrojam Limited’s Annual Report 2019/2020
- Cabinet gave approval for the award of a contract to Arel Limited for the supply and installation of six x-ray machines for health facilities of the South East Regional Health Authority (SERHA). The hospitals to benefit are the Kingston Public Hospital (KPH) which is slated to receive three (3); the Spanish Town Hospital one (1); the National Chest Hospital one (1); and the Bustamante Children’s Hospital one (1). The contract is in the amount of four hundred and fifty-three million, four hundred and forty-eight thousand, five hundred and fifty-nine dollars and sixty-seven cents ($453,448,559.67) including GCT of 15%.
- Cabinet gave approval for the award of a contract for the rehabilitation of the Northern Groynes in Montego Bay, St. James by the Urban Development Corporation in the amount of two hundred million, two hundred and sixteen thousand, one hundred and sixty-six dollars ($200,216,166.00) to M&M Jamaica Limited.
- Cabinet gave approval for the award of a contract to undertake the construction of a Diagnostic Intervention Centre at the College of Agriculture, Science and Education (CASE) in the amount of eighty-five million, nine hundred and fifty-six thousand, two hundred and thirty-one dollars ($85,956,231.00) to C&D Construction and Engineering Limited.
- Cabinet gave approval for the award of a contract for the provision of data processing service for the Primary Exit Profile (grades 4, 5 and 6) in the amount of six hundred and thirty million one hundred and sixty seven thousand three hundred and forty three dollars and sixteen cents ($630,167,343.16) inclusive of GCT to D.P.K Information Systems Limited. The contract is for a five-year period commencing June 2021.
- Cabinet gave approval for the award of a contract for the extension of the sixth form block at Kingston College located at 2a North Street, Kingston in the amount of sixty five million two hundred and sixty two thousand three hundred and ten dollars ($65,262,310.00) to SM Quality Construction.
- Cabinet gave approval for the award of a contract for the supply and distribution of textbooks to be provided for students at the primary level under the Primary Textbooks Programme of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information for the 2021/2022 academic year. The contract is in the amount of US three million, one hundred and fifty-one thousand, sixty-four dollars and seventy-six cents (US$3,151,064.760) to Carlong Publishers (Caribbean) Ltd.
- Cabinet gave approval for the award of contract for the supply delivery, and servicing of twenty-five (25) 2020 double cabin 4×4 pick-up trucks in the amount of one hundred and thirty-three million seven hundred and two thousand four hundred and thirty-eight dollars and eighty-five cents ($133,702,438.850 inclusive of the GCT to Vehicles and Supplies Ltd.
- Cabinet gave approval for the award of a contract for the design, supply and installation of renewable energy solutions (solar-photovoltaic) at the Forest Hills Relift Station in St. Andrew in the amount of sixty eight million ninety thousand eight hundred and fifty four dollars and seven cents ($68,090,854.07) to Alternative Power Sources (Jamaica) Ltd.
- Cabinet gave approval for the award of a contract for the construction of a cold storage facility in Windalco/Kirkvine Manchester in the amount of sixty-five million two hundred and seventy-nine thousand one hundred and eighty-eight dollars ($65,279,188.00) to Marshall Construction Company Limited.
The Honourable Fayval Williams
Minister of Education, Youth and Information