Prime Minister the Most Hon. Andrew Holness has appointed Professor Alvin Wint the new Chairman of HEART NSTA Trust and has expanded its Board of Directors.
Professor Wint is a noted researcher and academic; he is a professor of International Business, and is a former Pro Vice Chancellor of the University of the West Indies.
Professor Wint has a track record of performance and national service, having led the Energy Sector Enterprise Team (ESET) which was tasked with assisting the Government in diversifying the country’s energy supply. He also led other national Commissions.
The new Chairman comes to the role at a time when the Jamaica Education Transformation Commission report, which was released last week, made several recommendations for a review of the operations of the HEART/NSTA Trust. The Board is tasked with driving efficiency and strategic changes to meet the training needs of Jamaica. The Board is also expected to ensure that policy directives are followed by management.
Prime Minister Holness announced that six (6) new members have been added to the Board which will drive the thrust to improve outcomes at HEART/NSTA Trust.
The full membership of the expanded HEART NSTA Trust Board is as follows:
Appointed January 17, 2022
1. Professor Alvin Wint (Chairman)
2. Professor Colin Gyles, President (Acting) UTECH
3. Dr. Merrit Henry, Educator
4. Ms. Gloria Henry , Business Process Industry Expert
5. Professor Aldrie Henry-Lee, Head of SALISES UWI
6. Professor Halden Morris, TVET Expert
Appointed March 1, 2021
7. Senator Kavan Gayle
8. Dr. Kofi Nkrumah Young
9. Mrs. Georgia Gibson Henlin, QC
10. Mr. Wayne Robertson, Permanent Secretary (Acting) Ministry of Legal and Constitutional Affairs
11. Dr. Eleasia Charles
12. Mr. Marlon Morgan
13. Mr. Brian Bennett-Easy
14. Ms. Kathryn Williams
15. Mr. Clement ‘Jimmy’ Lawrence CD